Drug charges are potentially life changing because modern society has determined that they have little or no patience with people who break drug laws. You need a lawyer who is has worked cases involving government drug busting operations.
Mr. Solomon has worked drug charges cases of all kinds:
- felony charges of trafficking involving confidential informants,
- undercover police officer drug buy operations,
- drug robbery cases,
- state charges involving interstate trafficking of heroin and prescription drugs,
- user to user sales sting operations,
- possession of drug charges in large and small amounts,
- and others.
People who experiment with drugs
Non-addict, simple possession cases, from marijuana to meth (meth-amphetamines), will be treated by the law as “addict” cases. Prosecutors and police hear the overused phrase, “I was holding it for a friend.” When caught with drugs in their pants pockets, police often hear defendants say,”those were not my pants.”
A skilled lawyer can help a defendant beat a true “mistaken fact” case where the defendant did not know about the drugs. However, that lawyer must have the ability to collect information and evidence to present to a prosecutor in negotiation, or to a jury if that negotiation fails.
People facing drug charges for experimenting with drugs deserve to be treated differently from those with a true drug problem. If you agree to drug counseling when you don’t have a drug problem, you are setting yourself up to be ejected from the drug program and violated on the terms of deferred judgment or probation.
People facing drug charges who have a drug problem: those who are addicted to drugs
Prosecutors and judges want people with a drug problem to be treated and get better. Making an addict face drug charges over and over only makes the government work harder to try to fix the problem using jail/prison, and they know it doesn’t work.
Alternate sentences may be available:
- deferred judgments conditioned on monitored “sobriety” such as daily/weekly urinalysis screening for drugs
- probation conditioned on inpatient rehabilitation (rehab)
People who sell drugs
Drug charges for trafficking in drugs or selling drugs can be extremely serious.
Federal drug charges:
- Did you sell extremely large amounts of drugs?
- Did you move large amounts of drugs interstate?
- Does the government believe that your “drug selling” organization involves a large network of sellers or buyers?
If so, you may be facing federal drug charges. You need a lawyer who is well-versed in government drug busting operations. Mr. Solomon has worked felony charges of trafficking involving confidential informants, undercover police officer drug buy operations, drug robbery cases, state charges involving interstate trafficking of heroin and prescription drugs, user-to-user sales sting operations, and others.
Federal sentencing guidelines seriously penalize those with certain offenses on their criminal records, but tactics exist to help ease a federal sentence.